NEUADD DWYFOR ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
This accessibility statement applies to Neuadd Dwyfor website.
The website is run by Gwynedd Council and we want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (for example NVDA).
FEEDBACK AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call: 01758 704088
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
REPORTING ACCESSIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH THIS WEBSITE
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (external link).
CONTACTING US BY PHONE OR VISITING US IN PERSON
There are many different ways to contact us. If you would like to contact us directly, the e-mail address is: email@example.com.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S ACCESSIBILITY
Gwynedd Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (external link) AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The colour contrast is insufficient in some areas of the site. This fails WCAG 2.1 AA success criteria 1.4.3 (Contrast).
- There are empty links used for navigating a slideshow and when hovering on some images. This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criteria 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context).
- YouTube video thumbnails are missing alternative text. This fails WCAG 2.1 A success criteria 1.1.1 Non-text Content and 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context).
- The PDF file is not fully accessible.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO IMPROVE ACCESSIBILITY
This statement will be reviewed regularly to report on our progress.
We will try to ensure that all new PDFs published meet the accessibility standards.
PREPARATION OF THIS ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
This statement was prepared on 25 February 2022.
All the webpages were last tested on 28 February 2022 using manual tests and use of technology such as the ‘WAVE web accessibility evaluation tool’.
Every page on the site and one PDF file.